Bangkok subway or MRT (Mass Rapid Transit)
www.bangkokmetro.co.th (tickets, fares, timetable, etc.)
Service hours: 6:00-24:00
Servicing area: New Bangkok
Getting your Bangkok subway tokens and tickets
There are several subway tickets available for your travel needs e.g. store value, limited days, etc. (For more information, please see www.bangkokmetro.co.th.) As for the sample I’m giving you here, is a single journey token which is the most basic ride for any subway starters. First, check the fare for your destination at the chart located next to the vending machine. Next, get your token at these places:
Bangkok subway station
1. Ticket office Note: Show your destination in English to the officer if you’re not sure of miscommunication.2. Vending machine See below on how to use the vending machine.
At the tollgate
Simply place the token over the reader at the tollgate, the gate will open automatically.
At your destination
To prevent you from taking the wrong exit, don’t forget to check the locality map before leaving the station.
How to use Bangkok subway vending machine
Note: Before buying the token, check the usable coins and banknotes shown at the machine.
1. Press the button for your destination on the touch screen.
2. A fare will show up at the LCD screen.
3. Insert the coins or bank notes for your fare in the slot.
4. Wait for the ticket to pop out and DON”T FORGET to pick up your change (if there’s any.)
5. Off you go!